- The reduced weight of the glider makes for easy carrying and less inertia overhead.
- Launching the Ascent4 with beginner skills, the glider wants to come up cleanly and evenly overhead.
- New generation airfoil (NGA), Mini Ribs, Air intake pockets (AIP) as well as 3D shaping, help to optimize the airstream and therefore result in a more stable and performance-enhancing style of flying.
- Reduced Lineset makes pre-flight line checks easier and decrease drag, allowing for more performance.
- Labels on risers aid the pilot during instruction and stressful situations
- Five different glider sizes, from 50 to 130 kg, help ensure the ideal relationship between pilot weight and glider size.
- Swept-back wingtips – improved handling, better climbing
- Brake Tensioning System: Trailing edge tension is good for handling and safety but influences performance negatively. With BTS the tension is only there when you need it
- Exchangeable Front Section Support system (FSS) Nylon battens in the leading edge – a lifetime of perfect leading edge shape
|Surface area flat (m2)||21,0||23,3||25,5||27,6||29,4|
|Surface area projected (m2)||18,3||20,3||22,2||24,0||25,6|
|Flat span (m)||10,1||10,6||11,1||11,5||11,9|
|Projected span (m)||7,87||8,30||8,68||9,02||9,31|
|Flat aspect ratio||4,8||4,8||4,8||4,8||4,8|
|Projected aspect ratio||3,39||3,39||3,39||3,39||3,39|
|Total line length incl. Brake (m)||279||296||312||321||334|
|Total # of lines incl. Brake||154||154||154||154||154|
|Line dimensions (mm)||1,1 / 1, 3 / 1,4 / 1,6 / 2,1|
|Glider weight (kg)||3,9||4,2||4,4||4,8||5,1|
|Takeoff weight (kg)||50-70||60-80||70-95||80-110||95-130|
|Top surface front||Porcher Skytex 38 Universal|
|Top surface thin stripe||Porcher Skytex 38 Universal|
|Top surface broad stripe||Porcher Skytex 38 Universal|
|Top surface rear||Porcher Skytex 38 Universal|
|Bottom surface front||Dominico DOKDO 30 DMF (WR)|
|Cell walls||Porcher Skytex 40 Hard / Dominico DOKDO 30 DMF (WR)|
|Gallery lines||Edelrid 6480D-130/090 (Dyneema sheathed)|
|Main lines||Edelrid 7950-200/150 (Dyneema sheathed)|
|Brake lines||Cousin 989-2,1/1,3 (Dyneema sheathed)|