More and more pilots are rediscovering the roots of paragliding, by shouldering their lightweight rigs and walking up mountains or hills, to fly down in gentle morning air or to start mindboggling XC adventures across long stretches of new territory. Regardless of your particular taste in Airborne Sensations, the new UP Lhotse is just what you need for the job!
With the new UP Lhotse, going on your next airborne adventure just got a whole lot easier. Being both compact and light-weight, the Lhotse is an ideal travel companion regardless of your chosen mode of transportation. It could take you on single- or multi-day adventures in you local mountain range, or it could be you preferred daily toy at home on the local hill or tow paddock.
The Lhotse is built to perform and handle like a higher-rated glider, but as with all UP wings it isn’t the kind of glider that comes out and bites you when you need it the least. Its precise, linear handling will make exploiting the lift you encounter along the way into pure bliss, and once you have reached the top of the thermal just sit back and enjoy the impressive gliding performance, or push the light-but-efficient speed bar to go somewhere exciting in a hurry.
The Lhotse is light on you back as well as on your wallet, not least when checking it into the hold on commercial airline flights – or you could just carry it on board as cabin luggage. Weighing just 3.3kgs (M size) your carry-on bag will even take a lightweight harness, provided you manage to pack both of them small enough!
In the box: Summiteer Light Backpack in size S for all sizes, inner bag S size, compression strap, UP gift, UP sticker.
- A light but strong design, weighing just 3.3kgs in the M size
- Ideal glider for hike&fly adventures at home and abroad
- Easy to pack even in tight spots, using either the new UP Parasleeve or any traditional method
- Very easy launching in all conditions, to make your para-alpinism adventure safer and more fun
- Minimalistic but very efficient risers made from a combination of Kevlar-reinforced 12mm Nylon webbing and Dyneema cord
- Glide performance to make those big valley crossings in real conditions a breeze
- New Generation Aerofoil (NGA) for a solid leading edge and great penetration in turbulence
- Very stable even at top speed due to our Nylon Front Section Support system (FSS)
- Precise, linear handling similar to the high- performance UP models
- C-riser controllable
- 2. generation Brakeline Tensioning System (BTS2) for better handling with less line consumption
- Mini-rib canopy construction
- Light and efficient speed system with RonstanTM pulleys
- Double 3D panel shaping technology – less wrinkles, less drag
- Half-moon shaped cell openings – maximum leading edge integrity, minimal drag
- Safe, predictable flare to make landing in a tight spot easy and relaxing
- 3 sizes, covering hook-in weights from 65kgs to 120kgs**
|Surface area flat||22,8||24,8||26,9|
|Surface area projected||19,2||21||22,7|
|Flat aspect ratio||5,7|
|Projected aspect ratio||4,1|
|Number of chambers||49|
|Total line length incl. brake||253||265||275|
|Total # of lines incl. brake||138|
|Certification category||LTF/EN B||LTF/EN B||LTF/EN B|
|Total takeoff weight||60-90*||75-100*||85-120*|
As with all wings, increasing or decreasing the wing loading will affect the in-flight dynamics. All Lhotse sizes have a very wide weight range in order to accomodate typical hike&fly needs, where on some days you may be just yourself and a wing, running up a mountain to fly down, on other days you may want to carry several days’ worth of provisions and equipment, and both scenarios are covered in the weight range. The heavier you load the wing, the more dynamic a ride you can expect.
|Top surface front||Porcher Skytex 32 Universal|
|Narrow stripe top||Porcher Skytex 38 Universal|
|Broad stripe top||Porcher Skytex 27 Classic|
|Top surface rear||Porcher Skytex 27 Classic|
|Bottom surface||Porcher Skytex 27 Classic|
|Cell walls||Porcher Skytex 27 Hard|
|Gallery lines||Liros DC120 (Dyneema unsheathed), Edelrid 8000U-130/090/070 (Aramid unsheathed)|
|Middle lines||Edelrid 8000U-130 (Aramid unsheathed)|
|Main lines||Edelrid 8000U-230/130 (Aramid unsheathed)|
|Brake lines||Cousin 989-2,1 (Dyneema sheathed), Edelrid 8000U-130 (Aramid unsheathed)|